Community Trigger

Domestic Abuse Services in Birmingham

Birmingham & Solihull Women’s Aid

Provides a range of services for women and children experiencing domestic abuse including family support, counselling and practical support and advice around issues of safety, housing, welfare benefits, debt, child contact amongst others. Drop-ins are available across the city: contact the freephone for details.

Freephone helpline. 0800 800 0028

free telephone service for  women, friends or professionals seeking support or advice regarding domestic violence


Web. (children’s website)


Accord Housing Association (Reducing Domestic Violence Project)

Support in refuge and in the community for women and children experiencing domestic abuse

Tel:  0121 358 9052



Allens Croft Domestic Violence Project

Domestic abuse support groups, one-to-one support & activities  for local women in South Birmingham

Tel. 0121 624 5775/07868 163 103

Web .


Amirah Foundation

Provides a range of domestic abuse services, advice and access to accommodation, particularly for Muslim women and children

Tel. 0121 572 6821




Supporting women, including those involved in prostitution and the criminal justice system. Specialist domestic violence worker available.

Tel. 0121 440 5296   Mob: 07868163103




Domestic abuse support specifically for Asian women and new communities Tel:  0121 303 0368/ 0369



Birmingham Crisis Centre

Domestic abuse refuge services and helpline.

Tel:                         0121 507 0707 (24 hour)



Birmingham LGBT

Independent domestic violence advocacy and support  for LGBT people in Birmingham

Tel. 0121 643 0821



Forced Marriage Unit

National service for those affected by forced marriage

Tel:                         020 7008 0151




Domestic abuse refuge services

Tel. 0121 7731431



Honour Network Helpline

National forced marriage & honour based violence helpline

Tel: 0800 5999 247



Lantern Project

Practical & emotional support around domestic abuse in South West Birmingham

Tel. 0121 458 2270



National Centre for Domestic Violence

Provides fast free emergency injunction service for domestic violence victims

Tel. 0800 970 2070



National Domestic Violence Helpline

Helpline for women affected by domestic abuse, their supporters and others calling on their behalf

Tel. 0808 2000 247



Rape & Sexual Violence Project (RSVP)

Support & counselling for victims of sexual abuse

Tel. 0121 643 0301




Rights of Women Legal Advice Line

Legal advice, including on family and criminal law

Tel - 020 7251 6577




Domestic abuse support and accommodation for Asian women and children

Tel                           0870 707 0098



Salvation Army

Domestic abuse refuge accommodation

Tel.                          0121 236 6554



Sanctuary Scheme

Supporting domestic abuse victims to remain home safely with home security measures and alarms

Tel.                          0121 464 2683


Shelter Domestic Abuse Project

Domestic abuse advice and support in the community, including drop-ins. Contact the helpline for details

Tel.                          0345 515 1635




Trident Reach: The People Charity

Refuge accommodation & domestic abuse support for in the community . Drop-ins are available. Contact the helpline for details.

Tel.          0800 111 4223



Trident Reach: Men’s Domestic Violence Service

Support service for men experiencing domestic abuse

Tel.          0800 111 4223



Women Acting in Today’s Society (WAITS)

One to one support, advocacy & advice, safe accommodation

Tel                           0121 440 1443





Women’s Help Centre

Empowering women, including Asian women’s domestic violence project

Tel                           0121 551 2370




West Midlands Police

In an emergency always phone 999

In a non-emergency, phone 101



Emergency accommodation

If you need emergency accommodation when offices are closed, and if there are no refuge places  available, please contact Birmingham City Council

Tel                           0121 303 2296


Council and social housing tenants

If you or someone involved in the domestic abuse is

  • A council tenant – you can also call us on 0121 464 4700 and choose option 4 for anti-social behaviour
  • A tenant with a housing association – contact your landlord who may be able to help