The strategic group overseeing the BCSP is the Birmingham Community Safety Police and Crime Board, also known as the Executive Board, which comprises senior officers from the agencies with a statutory duty to take part, these are:
- Birmingham City Council
- Birmingham Cross City Clinical Commissioning Group
- Sandwell & West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group
- South & Central Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group
- The National Probation Service
- The Staffordshire and West Midlands Community Re-habilitation Company
- West Midlands Fire Service and
- West Midlands Police.
The Board also has representation from the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce, Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health Foundation Trust, Birmingham Social Housing Partnership, the Third Sector Assembly and Victim Support. The Board Chair is Chief Supt Chris Johnson of West Midlands Police, and the Vice-Chair is Linda Hines, community representative.